From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
The Asus Aspire 7720-6712 (and other similar models) has the following configuration:
- Please bear with me as this is the first time I've written this kind of page. The following information is direct from lspci.
- lspci results:
- Graphics (Intel X3100, need drivers to be created) 3D Accel does not work very well at all.
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
- USB Controllers (4)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03) 00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03) 00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03) 00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
- Network Adapters
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03) 05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 02) 06:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02)
07:00.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller (rev 05)
- Card Readers
07:00.1 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 22) 07:00.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter (rev 12) 07:00.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev 12)
- Information obtained thru InfoCenter
Sound Driver 3.8.1a-980706 (ALSA v1.0.15 emulation code) Kernel 2.6.22-1-mepis-smp #1 SMP PREEMPT Card: HDA Intel at 0x98400000 ALC268 Analog (Duplex) Synth devices not enabled in config Midi devices not enabled in config Realtek ALC268
CrystalEye Webcam works out of box V4L
- Networking cards, and basic graphics work out of box. I had to add a few lines in /etc/modprobe.d/snd-hda-intel and reboot
- options snd-hda-intel position_fix=2 (already there)
- options snd-hda-intel model=auto (already there)
- alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
- options snd-card-0 index=0
- options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=acer
- Fn+ left/right arrows do control the screen brightness without issue.
- Kmix does not automatically start upon boot, causing audio to be at 100% at each boot. Changing Kmix settings to show system tray icon fixes this issue.
- As expected volume slider on side of notebook and media buttons above speakers do not work. I have no fix for them.