From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
Checkbook Tracker (cbtracker)
Checkbook Tracker is a finance management program that was included with Mepis 6.0 and some earlier versions. It is not included in MEPIS 6.5 or 7.0, and it is not in the repositories, so many Mepis users may wish to know how to install it. It is easy to install, fortunately:
- Download the install archive from http://tony.maro.net/ossramblings/cbt.php.
- Open a root console
- Copy the tar.gz file to /opt
cp cbtracker-*.tar.gz /opt
- Change to /opt and extract the archive
cd /opt && tar -xvzf cbtracker-*.tar.gz
- Make a link in /usr/bin so you can launch it from the command line
cd /usr/bin && ln -s /opt/cbtracker/cbtracker
- You should be able to launch checkbook tracker with the command "cbtracker". You can make a menu entry if you wish using the menu editor.