Migrating Windows Calendar
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
MEPIS comes with a calendar/contact/personal information management software called Kontact. It can be found on the K menu as "Office => Personal Information Manager".
If you saved calendar data from Windows, you can import it into Kontact. Kontact can import vCalendar (.vcf) and iCalendar (.ics) files. If your files were exported from Outlook, you can download the "outlook2vcal" utility to convert them to vCalendar format. Once your files are in iCalendar or vCalendar format:
- Open Kontact from the K menu.
- Select the Calendar icon on the left side of the window.
- Click "File --> Import --> Import Calendar".
- Locate and select your iCalendar or vCalendar file and select "Open".
- Select "Merge into existing Calendar" and click "OK".
Now your Calendar data should be available for viewing and editing in Kontact.
Back to - - Windows to MEPIS migration (parent document)
Back to - - Migrating Windows Instant Messaging to MEPIS (previous page)
Ahead to - Migrating web browser bookmarks/favorites to MEPIS (next page)