S3 supported cards
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
S3 : X.org Supported cards
S3 comprises of several different integrated products, mostly found in laptops and lower end machines. X.org currently has 3 different drivers included for S3 chips.
None of these drivers support AIGLX.
- S3 - The X.org S3 driver supports Trio64 and older chipsets
- S3 Virge - This driver supports S3 Virge and S3 Trio3D
- Savage - This driver supports the Savage chipset series. DRI does work on the Savage driver.
S3 : X.org Non-Supported cards
S3 : Via Supported cards
These drivers do not support AIGLX
- Unichrome - Unichrome drivers are available for several different Linux distributions. 
S3 : Via Non-Supported cards
- Pretty much everything but Unichrome has no official driver candidate for support.