Upgrading all packages
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
Reason: get new features and security improvements.
Before you upgrade please read these simple rules for upgrading.
Different ways to upgrade:
- First update the list of packages that are available from the repository:
- Upgrade the packages existing on the system with this command (no new package gets installed)
Please make sure you carefully read the prompts before answering yes.
- Reload -- this updates the list of packages available from Debian and MEPIS servers
- Click "Mark all upgrades"
- Click "Apply"
- KPackage menu -> Special -> Apt:Debian -> Update -- this updates the list of packages available from Debian and MEPIS servers
- KPackage menu -> Special -> Apt:Debian -> Upgrade
- Enter password when asked
WARNING: Don't do an "apt-get dist-upgrade" or "smart upgrade" in Synaptic unless you know what you are doing. Read more here.