Upgrading one package
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
Before you upgrade please read these simple rules for upgrading.
Different ways to upgrade:
- apt-get update -- this updates the list of packages available from Debian and MEPIS servers
- apt-get install packagename (hit TAB to autocomplete the name). You can install multiple packages: "apt-get install packagename1 packagename2"
- Reload --this updates the list of packages available from Debian and MEPIS servers
- Right-click on the package name and choose "Mark packages for upgrade"
- Click "Apply"
- In KPackage menu -> Special -> Apt:Debian -> Update -- this updates the list of packages available from Debian and MEPIS servers
- Select either Updated or All tab
- Select package(s) (those packages that have U mark for upgrade -- mark them by clicking in the "Mark" column)
- Click "Install marked"
- Enter password when asked
- Click "Install" again
Please make sure you carefully read the prompts before answering yes.