From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
Howto add a new monitor
- Shutdown the entire system and disconnect the power
- Unplug the monitor
- Plug in new monitor and plug in computer
- Reboot to the Live CD
- Open the MEPIS X-Windows Assistant
- On the Repair tab:
- In the first field, select the hard drive where MEPIS is installed.
- In the second field, select the partition where "/" is mounted.
- Click "OK" or "Apply." X-Windows Assistant will copy the X configuration from the liveCD to the /etc/X11/ folder on the partition you have specified.
- Reboot without the CD